Venture Capital Advice
Early Stage Companies
We provide advice to early-stage companies including with respect to:
- Introductions, where appropriate, to potential investors on behalf of early-stage companies;
- Incorporation and organization of new companies and the structuring of share and investment capital;
- Form of financing for early stage companies including equity (common and preferred shares), debt and convertible debt offerings;
- Negotiations with potential investors regarding valuations and investment structuring;
- Contractual and commercial negotiations with investors, customers, suppliers, consultants and employees;
- Dispute resolution with investors, current and former customers, suppliers, consultants and employees;
- Retaining, managing and coordinating all additional professional services advisors such as accountants and auditors, management consultants and tax advisors;
- Interfacing and liaising with regulators; and
- General business matters.
We provide advice to venture capital and private equity investors including with respect to:
- Legal and business due diligence analysis and reporting regarding prospective investment opportunities;
- Negotiations with potential investee companies regarding the nature of an investment and valuations;
- Structuring investments, whether by way of equity (common and preferred shares), debt (secured or unsecured), convertible debt or combinations thereof;
- Investment, partnership, limited partnership and/or shareholders’ agreements to protect and manage investments;
- Private investment funds or vehicles;
- Corporate governance and regulatory compliance; and
- Dispute resolution with investee companies.
We provide management consulting to early-stage companies and venture capital and private equity investors including:
- Strategic and business analysis with respect to potential corporate investment or acquisition opportunities;
- Review and installation of suitable internal controls for early-stage companies to establish rigorous and efficient accountability to investors; and
- Negotiating and executing corporate initiatives, especially with third parties, i.e. regulators, business partners and other professional services providers.